Life is all about RESPECT, everything else is secondary!
Sadly, it is also the one thing that our society is lacking of. Mainly because we all know the word but do not really fully understand what it means or its importance and power to change people and circumstances.
RESPECT is a wearable trait. But those who don't have it can't give it - and those who don't give it can't have it. So, let's start building RESPECT as a habit. Begin at home and then build it outside with friends and most especially in our place of work.
You can demonstrate respect at work with these simple, yet powerful actions:
- Treat people always and at all circumstances with courtesy and kindness .
- Encourage everyone to express their opinions and ideas freely.
- Never insult people, call them names, talk behind their backs, put down people or their ideas.
- Treat people the same no matter their race, religion, gender, size, or age. Implement policies and procedures consistently so people feel that they are treated fairly and equally. Treating people differently can constitute harassment or a hostile work environment.
- Praise much more frequently than you criticize.