The 7 habits are an orderly sequence of growth which starts from achieving personal victories to attaining public victories.
- Habit # 1 - BE PROACTIVE
- Habit # 2 - BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND
- Habit # 3 - PUT FIRST THINGS FIRST
- Habit # 4 - THINK WIN-WIN
- Habit # 5 - SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD
- Habit # 6 - SYNERGIZE
- Habit # 7 - SHARPEN THE SAW
Habits 1, 2 and 3 lead to private victories that allow us to achieve self-mastery and dominion over self.
Habits 4, 5 and 6 lead to public victories that allow us to achieve success with others.
These habits forms a continuum because private victory precedes public victory. Meaning, that unless we develop self-mastery, it is difficult, if not impossible, to achieve success with others.
Together these habits cultivate personal character, which is the foundation of effectiveness.